HOW ARE YOU COPING?
Good Morning to All,
Its been four days that Dan and I are hunkering down and we are still not arguing. Besides jokes we are keeping busy. Yesterday Dan was glued to the TV for Tom Brady was signing with the Bucs. The sport channels all day was on the topic of Tom Brady and how the Super Bowl will be in Tampa Bay and that this will be perfect. Dan also heard that there was a long line at the Buccaneer ticket center, what a difference a day makes.
We as a family about fifteen years ago had season tickets. I can remember when the Buccaneers were the Super Bowl winners. The day they won, the stadium was full to capacity and even overflowing. Those were the days my friends.
Since this corona-virus, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO? I would love to hear how everyone is coping. You can send me an e-mail to email@example.com
I think today I will go through some of our family pictures. I have a whole bottom of a china cabinet full of pictures, its Dan’s family, my family and our family. I can at least go back in my thoughts, memory lane. This would be a great time for all to just reflect on the good times from your past. Just think of the stories you can tell to your little ones or your grown children during this time. I remember my father would tell us stories about how he had to walk-in knee-high snow to school. Are there any stories that you can share that your parents told you…?
Our daughter has been sending us pictures and also face timing us during this time. Our grandson and their faces are what is keeping us together as we been coping during this uncertain time. I can’t believe his birthday is next week and he will be two. His birthday is going to be postponed for everyone is hunkering down. Much of everything is being postponed. Its like time just stopped, but still ticking.
I’m working on putting a recipe book together, to share on the blog and reading interesting topics to share with you all. Also working on projects for kids to do as well.
During these uncertainties, stress is going to take over for some, please if you are by yourself, connect to someone. With the modern times there is so many apps that you can download to your phone, face time, lite messenger on Facebook, Whats App, and others. My mother downloaded a program on line for her church which will do services live on line every Sunday. If you belong to a church you can check with them to see if they offer something like this.
STRESS during uncertainties; meditation is one of the best things to do - It’s healing. There are a lot of video’s on YouTube!
I posted an article on SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2012
MEDITATION~ A PROCESS OF HEALING
Meditation: A simple, fast way to reduce stress
MEDITATION CAN WIPE AWAY THE DAY'S STRESS, BRINGING WITH IT INNER PEACE. SEE HOW YOU CAN EASILY LEARN TO PRACTICE MEDITATION WHENEVER YOU NEED IT MOST.
By Mayo Clinic staff
If stress has you anxious, tense and worried, consider trying meditation. Spending even a few minutes in meditation can restore your calm and inner peace.
Anyone can practice meditation. It's simple and inexpensive, and it doesn't require any special equipment. And you can practice meditation wherever you are — whether you're out for a walk, riding the bus, waiting at the doctor's office or even in the middle of a difficult business meeting.
Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. Meditation originally was meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction.
Meditation is considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine.
Meditation produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind. During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process results in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.
BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that benefits both your emotional well-being and your overall health. And these benefits don't end when your meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day and can even improve certain medical conditions.
Meditation and emotional well-being When you meditate, you clear away the information overload that builds up every day and contributes to your stress.
The emotional benefits of meditation include:
Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
Building skills to manage your stress
Focusing on the present
Reducing negative emotions
Meditation and illness Meditation also might be useful if you have a medical condition, especially one that may be worsened by stress. While a growing body of scientific research supports the health benefits of meditation, some researchers believe it's not yet possible to draw conclusions about the possible benefits of meditation.
With that in mind, some research suggests that meditation may help such conditions as:
High blood pressure
Another piece posted SATURDAY, JULY 9, 2016
8 Pressure Points that Will Reduce Your Stress in Seconds!
1. The Scalp. Place your fingers behind your head at the point on your neck and press gently for about 15-20 seconds. Your fingers must interlace.
2. The Ear. The main stress-relieving point in the body for many experts is the ear. Everything you have to do is to massage this spot with a cotton. Just take a deep breath during the massage. Point that provides relief from anxiety and stress. Use three fingers to massage this point. This will help to calm the nervous system.
3. The Stomach. Many reflexologists prefer to use this point because it helps create movement that releases the chest and diaphragm, which improves the breathing process.
Patients who have this treatment instinctively take deeper breaths and almost always report a sensation or relief.
4. The Forearm. Inside elbow point is very effective to relieve anxiety, distress in chest. Apply pressure on inside elbow points in both arms one by one to get relief in anxiety.
5. The Palm. This point is located on one of the most important meridians (an energy channel), which affects the heart, liver, and pancreas. The moment you press on this spot, you’ll feel an instant stress relief.
6. The Calves. If you press the calves then you should know it is better for you because it can regulate and significantly increase the energy flow. Besides that, it will increase your concentration and it will relieve fatigue.1 minute it is sufficient to press this point.
7. The Foot. This point is located at the inside of the foot. Apply pressure on this point to nourish and balance the circulation of energy throughout the body and mind, and to relieve the mind from stress anxiety and worries. In addition, this point also relieves ankle pain.
HOW DOES GRATITUDE FEEL?
Until tomorrow, be safe.