HAPPY JULY 4th
Welcome to the summer, school is out and vacations are taken. I remember when I was eleven years old, my father went to Triple AAA Travel to have our trip planned out. This was a trip of a life time. We set out on our adventure in a station wagon with all six of my family members adventuring throughout the UNITED STATES.
My father planned this trip to visit all our relatives from New York to California and in between. This was the last trip we took before he was told the news of the BIG C - cancer. This will be something that I will never forget and always will treasure. In your travels, be safe.
How To Drink More Water... Tips For Increasing Your Water Intake
In July it can get hot and you can get dehydrated. Maybe you wonder how to drink more water, especially if you need to increase the amount of water you drink for health reasons. It is really quite easy and highly beneficial.
If you have any type of health issues, it is important to drink enough water to flush out any excess toxins. You will probably find that you feel better when you are adequately hydrated.
There are a number of things you can do to get started on increasing the amount of water you drink. You may not like the taste, if you have been drinking tap water, but that can be remedied by filtering your water. If you are working on the road or on site... such as a tradesperson, the water you take with you needs to be good quality water. There are a number of portable water filters that you can buy that are easy to take with you. Some designed for camping etc, that will be robust and easy to transport. Stainless steel water bottles are also available and they are hypo-allergenic and very robust. How To Drink More Water ... Improve Water Quality
The first of the tips for when you are working out how to drink more water, is to consider the importance of what sort of water you are drinking
. It is important if you are allergic to avoid the contaminants in tap water. Investing in a water filter is an easy way to avoid these. Many people have trouble drinking water, as they don't like the taste of it. If you don't like the water you drink, filtering it may change that, as a good quality filter removes unpleasant tastes. Another tip for how to drink more water is to see if you can find a container that holds your full daily amount... so that you can fill it once a day. If possible, make sure that you drink it all... especially in the summer when you may be perspiring more. When considering how to drink more water... remember that the amount you can drink with ease will depend on what your day entails. If you are doing work that entails physical exercise... or even leisure activities that make you sweat... then you may need to drink more . If you have a very sedentary lifestyle you may need less. It also is different in the summer to the winter, so adjust it to suit. The important thing is to use a safe container to hold your water. Take the time to drink more water There has been information in the press warning women not to drink water from plastic bottles that have sat in the sun as it is linked to breast cancer. If you can avoid water in plastic altogether this is probably best for your health. If your work involves sitting at a desk, use a glass or porcelain jug and fill your cup or glass regularly, as there are so many health benefits of drinking water.
A good natural health choice is a stainless steel water bottle of the right size that will hold your whole daily amount. There are a number of one and two litre stainless steel water flasks on the market, and this is a good amount to have available. Having a safe container makes it easy to take water with you whenever you are going to a place other than home. I have a couple of 600 ml stainless steel water bottles that I take out with me if I am going walking or doing sport or other activities. Mine have padded stretchable covers that help to keep the water cool on hot days. How Much Water Is Enough? Do you think you need to increase the amount you drink? Before you can work out how to drink more water, you need to think about how much is enough. How Much Water Is Enough?
There are a number of different recommended daily water intakes. A rule of thumb to work out how much water to drink relates to your weight. This is an approximation really, and it depends on if you weigh yourself in kilos or pounds. It works like this.... take your weight in kilos and divide it by 30... so if you weigh 60 kg that would be two liters. If you weigh yourself in pounds divide your weight in two, then the daily amount recommended to drink will be that much in ounces. So if you weigh 130 pounds divide that by 2 so you would drink 65 liquid ounces or around 1.92 liters. So both systems work out around the same amount. If you want to work out how much to drink in cups... one cup is approximately 250 ml (quarter of a liter) or around 8 fluid ounces. Of course there are also different sized cups... so measure how much the cup you usually use holds and this will give you a guide to use when working out how much to drink.
Keep Filtered Water In The Fridge
How Much Water Is Enough?
If you have trouble working out how to drink more water, one way is to keep cooled filtered water on hand in the fridge. If you are using one of the water filter pitchers to filter your water... these are easy to keep in the fridge. But see if you can get one that has a glass filter jug if possible. There are a number of different recommended daily water intakes. A rule of thumb to work out how much water to drink relates to your weight. Learn about how to filter water... and discover more about the different types of filters available. A good natural health alternative to using a pitcher filter, is to buy a better quality filter. One of the ceramic water filters is a good choice, particularly one where the water is stored in a ceramic, clay or stainless steel dispenser. One of the nice ceramic water purifiers or water crocks with an easy to use spigot faucet or tap at the bottom, is also quite attractive to have in your kitchen or office. It is easy to transfer filtered water to a glass bottle with a resealable lid, that you keep in the fridge. My final tip is to set an alarm that goes off regularly to remind you to drink more. A simple alert on your phone or computer is the easiest way to set up a reminder to drink more water. Drinking Water Flushes Out Excess Toxins For those of you with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity, its important to drink adequate water to help you to flush out excess toxins. If you have been considering how to drink more water, it is really not hard to do, and may strengthen immune system health. There are a number of easy actions you can take to get you started on increasing the amount of water you drink. Keep water with you and be aware of the amount you should drink, and this will help a lot. There are so many health benefits of drinking water and you may find that you feel better when you are adequately hydrated.
Thursday, September 8, 2011 I wrote an article on how you can not live without water.
WATER ~ CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT!!!!
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
Today I am going to speak about Water and how it could effect our health ~ Life. I am going to go straight to the point. The cancer risk among those drinking chlorinated water is 93% higher than those who do not. Why ; first we need to know exactly what it is? Chlorine (Cl2) is among the ten highest volume chemicals manufactured in the United States. It is produced commercially by electrolysis of sodium chloride brine. Chlorine is used in industry and in household cleaning products. Chlorine was also the first poison gas to be used as a weapon during World War I. Some of the chemical/physical properties of chlorine include:
Chlorine is a yellow-green gas at room temperature. Chlorine has a pungent, irritating odor similar to bleach that is detectable at low concentrations. The density of chlorine gas is approximately 2.5 times greater than air, which will cause it to initially remain near the ground in areas with little air movement. Chlorine is not flammable, but may react explosively or form explosive compounds with many common substances (including acetylene, ether, turpentine, ammonia, natural gas, hydrogen, and finely divided metals). Chlorine is slightly water soluble, and reacts with moisture to form hypochlorous acid (HClO) and hydrochloric acid (HCl). Chlorine is commonly pressurized and cooled for storage and shipment as an amber-colored liquid
How is chlorine used? Chlorine has a variety of uses. It is used to disinfect water and is part of the sanitation process for sewage and industrial waste. During the production of paper and cloth, chlorine is used as a bleaching agent. It is also used in cleaning products, including household bleach which is chlorine dissolved in water. Chlorine is used in the preparation of chlorides, chlorinated solvents, pesticides, polymers, synthetic rubbers, and refrigerants. How can people be exposed to chlorine? Given the ubiquity and volume of chlorine in industrial and commercial locations, widespread exposures could occur from an accidental spill or release, or from a deliberate terrorist attack. Because chlorine is a gas at room temperature, exposure occurs via inhalation. People may also be exposed to chlorine through skin or eye contact, or through ingestion of chlorine-contaminated food or water. What is chlorine’s mechanism of action? The health effects of chlorine are primarily due to its corrosive properties. The strong oxidizing effects of chlorine cause hydrogen to split from water in moist tissue, resulting in the release of nascent oxygen and hydrogen chloride which produce corrosive tissue damage. The oxidation of chlorine may also form hypochlorous acid, which will penetrate cells and react with cytoplasmic proteins to destroy cell structure. AND LOOK THEY ARE PUTTING IT IN OUR DRINKING WATER! Most tap water also contains fluoride and for decades we have been told that fluoride is good for us. This led to thousands of deaths of Americans as well as weakening of the immune systems of the tens of millions more. We were told to believe it was safe and an effective method of protecting teeth from decay and in fact is a lie. In recent years it’s been shown that floridation is neither essential for good health nor protective of teeth. What it does is poison our bodies and what we should all be asking is how and why does the public health policy and the American media continue to hype this and for everyone to live with the scientific misbelieve. Did you know that sodium Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE) - (Yes, folks the same Sarin Nerve Gas that terrorists released on a crowded Japanese subway train!). Let me repeat: the truth the American public needs to understand is the fact that Sodium Fluoride is nothing more (or less) than a hazardous waste by-product of the nuclear and aluminum industries. In addition to being the primary ingredient in rat and cockroach poisons, it is also a main ingredient in anesthetic, hypnotic, and psychiatric drugs as well as military NERVE GAS! Why, oh why then is it allowed to be added to the toothpastes and drinking water of the American people? SO NEXT TIME WE DRINK TAP WATER OR BRUSH OUR TEETH, REMEMBER WHAT ELSE WE ARE DOING TO OUR BODIES!! Enagic's Kangen Water from Japan - DETOXIFICATION Ionized Alkaline Water helps to naturally flush toxins and acidic waste from your body and is a powerful antioxidant. Water is one of the best sources for detoxification. HYDRATION - during ionization your alkaline water filter forms your water into micro-clusters that are more easily absorbed at the cellular level thus "super hydrating" your body. OXYGENATION Ionized Alkaline Water makes more oxygen available to your cells than distilled, reverse osmosis, filtered only, bottled or tap water. Cancer doesn't thrive in an oxygenated body! ALKALIZE YOUR BODY PH - Alkaline Ionized Water will help to optimize your body's pH. You could try to achieve an alkaline state with foods but alkaline water will turbo charge your efforts. As a result, it enables your body to better absorb and utilize nutrients, minerals and supplements.
BY SHERYL MALIN
Nature comes alive when the wind speaks to the trees with a whisper of peace.
Through this sound we relate to the living plants and animals of nature to give birth to happiness. We stand by with the echoing of our souls with a smile and give thanks to all the art of color around us. Imagine the conversation that surrounds us and touch the thought of beauty that is in front of us. Nature is Gods gift to us and it gives us a since of joy and calmness. We create the relationship of friendship through nature and understand the ways it fits in to our planet during the changes it takes place. Through your imagination, meditate the beauty of the nature of colors around. Through nature I was healed
Another Celebration in July is National Wine and Cheese Day. Below are some of the major benefits associated with goat cheese:
1. Provides Healthy Fats Why is goat cheese a source of healthy fat? A serving of full-fat goat cheese provides about six grams of fat, much of which is saturated fat. Even though saturated fat has earned a reputation for being unhealthy and “dangerous” for your heart, there’s a lot of evidence that this isn’t the case. For example, France is one of the world’s leading consumers of cheese and butter, yet the French don’t have higher rates of heart disease compared to other nations that consume less. In fact, “the French paradox” describes the low rates of coronary heart disease death rates in France despite high intake of dietary cholesterol and saturated fat. Healthy fats are an important part of every diet because fat helps facilitate nutrient absorption, hormone production, protects neurological health and much more. Overall cow and goat milk have similar amounts of fat, but the fat globules found in goat milk are smaller and tend to be easier to digest. Compared to cow’s milk, goat’s milk has a higher proportion of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), including caproic acid, caprylic acid and capric acid. This is one reason why goat’s milk products have a more tart flavor to compared to cow’s milk. MCFAs are also found in fatty foods like coconut oil and coconut milk; they have been shown to help support energy metabolism and are easily digested, even by people who have a hard time metabolizing fats. (3) Caprylic acid found in goat milk and goat cheese has been found to possess antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming caprylic acid may be helpful for fighting fungal and yeast infections, such as candida, urinary tract infections, acne, digestive problems and more. Can you eat goat cheese if you’re following a low-carb diet, such as the ketogenic diet? Yes, and you probably should. Goat’s milk kefir, a fermented “drinkable yogurt,” contains some sugar (about nine to 12 grams per cup), which means it’s probably not the best choice for a very low-carb diet. But full-fat goat’s cheese contains much less sugar and carbs, only about a gram. During the fermentation process when cheese is made, the bacteria in the milk “eat” the sugar, resulting in much fewer carbs and sugar left over. To keep carbs to a minimum, avoid eating any processed cheeses, flavored cheeses (such as those blended with honey or fruit) and always get grass-fed, full-fat cheese.
2. Good Source of Protein and Calcium Like other dairy products, goat’s milk and goat cheese are great sources of calcium, which can be hard to get enough of if someone doesn’t eat many green veggies, nuts or much seafood. Having a serving or two of high-quality dairy products per day, which can include goat cheese and other raw cheeses, can provide about 10 percent to 30 percent of your daily calcium needs depending on the specific kind. Calcium is an essential mineral for helping build bones, maintaining a strong skeletal system, supporting dental health and more. Emerging research even shows that consuming more calcium from your diet in combination with vitamin D (from both sunlight and food sources) may have the ability to regulate glucose metabolism and help protect against cancer, diabetes and heart disease. (6) Calcium also helps balance levels of other minerals, including magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. These minerals work together to maintain balance of bodily fluids and regulate heart rhythms, nerve and muscle function, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. A serving of goat cheese (one ounce) also provides about five to six grams of protein, making it a good addition to salads, roasted veggies and other low-protein sides. Studies have found that goat cheeses tend to be a bit lower in protein than cow’s milk cheeses because they experience greater rates of protein degradation during the cheese-making process.
3. Supplies Probiotics (Beneficial Bacteria) Probiotics can both grow naturally in fermented foods or be added by manufacturers to increase their concentration. It’s now common for cheese makers to add probiotic bacteria strains to cheese, just like they do with yogurt, because cheese turns out to be a good carrier for these microbes. Due to the fermentation process that cheeses undergo while they’re curing, aged/raw goat cheese (and other raw cheeses made from raw cow’s or sheep’s milk) are often high in probiotics, including thermophillus, bifudus, bulgaricus and acidophilus. The benefits associated with eating probiotic foods include improving gut health, enhancing immunity, and helping reduce allergies and inflammatory reactions. The concentration of probiotics within different types of cheeses depends on factors like the amount of starter that’s used, the concentration of salt, the addition of a protein hydrolysate and the ripening time. Certain studies have found that these variables all affect the “microbiological, biochemical, and sensory properties of the cheese.” The amount of probiotics available from goat cheese can be optimized by the addition B. lactis and L. acidophilus, salt, and ripening for 70 days or more. Aged, raw cheeses are more likely to be have higher probiotic concentrations because they are not exposed to high heat that kills beneficial (and harmful) bacteria. Goat cheese that contains probiotics may taste more acidic and tart (similar to goat’s milk yogurt or kefir) due to containing L. acidophilus or B. lactis.
Benefits of wine:
1. It contains antioxidants
2. It boosts the immune system.
3. It increases bone density.
4. It reduces the risk of stroke.
5. It reduces the risk of heart disease.
6. It can lower cholesterol.
7. It reduces the risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
8. It reduces the risk of cancer.
9. It improves cognitive function.
10. It promotes longevity.
MY FIRST ORGANIC EASTER DINNER
Since my background is Italian, I grew up on lasagna. Celebrating also with rice ice cream. This entry was written on my blog on 4-25-11
IT'S BEEN ALMOST FIVE MONTHS
It’s been almost five months since I was DX with breast cancer and am feeling awesome. I have kept busy and staying on my home plan. I feel so blessed that I have been given this quality of time and every day thank god and my doctors for a wonderful healing process. I have not experienced pain nor surgery. The program of functional medicine does work. I celebrated my first major holiday with organic food last Sunday. Easter dinner consisted of artichokes and lasagna with a salad you could die for. I was able to get gluten free sauce and rice noodles with almond cheese. I had lamb burger and eggplant as my filler along with organic mushrooms, peppers and onions. The salad was amazing with all kinds of organic vegetables. I had 7 grain bread and goats butter, and Dan even got organic wine.
My desert was cooked apples with rice cream and rice whip cream topped with strawberry’s and blueberry’s. the best part WAS BEING ABLE TO CELEBRATE WITH SOME OF MY FAMILY.
The most rewarding value as a parent myself is raising my daughter. Watching her grow up and seeing her dreams come true is the best part of my life.
This month is also appreciation for doctors . I have been blessed to have been treated by the best professional doctors. This month there two doctors that gave me life again. Thank you Dr. Perez and Dr. Garcia.
HAVE A WONDERFUL JULY, IF TRAVELING - DRIVE CAREFUL. UNTIL NEXT MONTH - HUGS