EVEN IN YOUR HOME, NOBODY DIES OF SMOKE INHALATION, THEY DIE OF CARBON MONOXIDE

Hello Sunday,


The weekend is coming to an end and Monday will be here before you know it. Knowing that tomorrow brings another week, I realized that our attitude is a choice. Our happiness is a choice. Our optimism is a choice. Being kind is a choice. Giving is a choice. That being respective is also a choice. Whatever choice we make makes us so choose wisely. With everything happening in our world today, this advice is so needed.



Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create and make a change.



More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.


I will be blogging on the next substances that causes air pollution; carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide, is a toxic gas that you cannot see or smell. It is given off whenever fuel or other carbon-based materials are burned. Usually this gas comes from sources in or near your home that are not properly maintained or vented.



All sorts of sources can release carbon monoxide, including cars, trucks, small gasoline engines (like lawnmowers), stoves, lanterns, furnaces, grills, gas ranges, water heaters and clothes dryers. The risk of poisoning is especially high when equipment is used in an enclosed place and ventilation is poor. Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur in victims of smoke inhalation during a fire. More than one-third of carbon monoxide-related deaths occur when the victim is asleep.


Once inhaled, carbon monoxide passes from your lungs into your bloodstream, where it attaches to the hemoglobin molecules that normally carry oxygen.


Oxygen can't travel on a hemoglobin molecule that already has carbon monoxide attached to it. As exposure continues, the gas hijacks more and more hemoglobin molecules, and the blood gradually loses its ability to carry enough oxygen to meet your body's needs. Without enough oxygen, individual cells suffocate and die, especially in vital organs such as the brain and heart. Carbon monoxide also can act directly as a poison, interfering with cells' internal chemical reactions.



There are so many ways you may be exposed to unsafe levels of carbon monoxide. Here are some of the causes; using poorly maintained or invented heating equipment and improperly vented natural gas appliances like stoves or water heaters. Also, situations such as running vehicles in garages or other enclosed spaces, using a gas stove, grill, or oven to heat the home or building fires in clogged chimneys. Blocked heating exhaust vents, running generators or gas-powered tools indoors or outside near windows, doors, or vents can be a cause.


Cooking with a charcoal or gas grill inside the home or other enclosure, using a propane camp stove, heater, or light inside a tent and being near a boat engine exhaust outlet all can be part of an unsafe position that you may be placed in.



All people are at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. Unborn babies, infants, the elderly, and people with chronic heart disease, anemia, or respiratory problems are generally more at risk than others.


Breathing carbon monoxide can cause headache, dizziness, vomiting, and nausea. If these levels are high enough, you may become unconscious or die. Exposure to moderate and high levels of carbon monoxide over long periods of time has also been linked with increased risk of heart disease. People who survive severe poisoning may suffer long-term health problems.


Without immediate treatment, you can lose consciousness, have a seizure, enter a coma, and potentially die. Death can result from only a few minutes of exposure to higher concentrations or from an hour of exposure to lower levels.


If you are exposed to very low levels of carbon monoxide over a longer period (weeks or months), your symptoms can appear like the flu, with headache, fatigue, malaise (a general sick feeling) and sometimes nausea and vomiting.


People with long-term exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide also can have numbness, unexplained vision problems, sleep disturbances, and impaired memory and concentration.



Scientists are not sure what the health effects are when a person is exposed to low levels of carbon monoxide over a long period of time.


Carbon monoxide can kill without warning because it has no color, odor or taste. Here are some suggestions to reduce your risk:



Install carbon monoxide detectors in your home in hallways near bedrooms and in garaged attached to living areas. Once again since this information can be lifesaving, I am repeating all below for every one’s knowledge and benefit.


Open the flue when you use a fireplace.


Never use charcoal grills or hibachis indoors.


Buy appliances that vent to the outside. Choose brands tested and certified as safe by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL), the American Gas Association (AGA), or other recognized certifying organizations.


Have fuel-burning appliances professionally installed. After installation, periodically check the vents for blockages or cracks.


😁 LIVE ❣️ LOVE 🦋 LAUGH


Good morning 🌞 Sunday 😁A good laugh is sunshine within you 💝 have a fantastic day.


Before turning on your heater for the winter season, have your heating system, flues and chimneys professionally inspected. If necessary, have chimneys and flues professionally cleaned.


Never heat your home by using an oven, stove-top or clothes dryer.


Never operate gas-powered tools or engines inside, even if windows are open and ventilation seems good.


Never leave your car running inside an attached garage. Also, when your car idles outdoors, keep one or two windows slightly open.


By now, as you read some of this information about air pollution; I hope you realize that there is a problem that could be affecting your health. For Dan and I living in Mexico for six years, not knowing or thinking about the bottled water, dust particles or dishes being glazed with lead. We are now dealing with these health issues after the fact and regrouping with a better health plan to correct being affected with all the elements of air pollution plus a glaze painted on a dish.


The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.


Until tomorrow, I will be blogging on the next substances that causes air pollution; sulfur oxides. The pollution in the air is a complex mixture of chemical substances of varying toxicity of which the sulfur oxides are a principal component.



Make a change, help with the improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention and be part of helping with changing the pollution problem.

Recent Posts
Archive
Follow Us
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
Search By Tags
This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now